Interview With American Idol's Gina Glocksen

Gina Glocksen told The Naperville Sun in an interview Thursday that she felt secure going up against Haley Scarnato on Wednesday's elimination show.

"I really was surprised. I wasn't expecting (the dismissal) so much. I was pretty secure with myself. I gave two pretty solid performances and the last thing on my mind was to be in the bottom three, let alone the bottom two."

It was the first time Glocksen had ever been in the bottom three.

"It was hard enough then, and it's harder to watch the video right after they announced it," she said. "To watch how I talked about singing and seeing how I talked then ... I just love singing. I know that no matter what I do, I've already done 'American Idol.'"

Glocksen said she isn't bitter about leaving Idol. But it seems that her friends are.

"Everyone is upset," said Sally Ann Bodine, who worked with Glocksen for about three years. "We all cried. We're sort of like 'you really can't believe that it happened.' It doesn't make sense." Some of her friends even say that they will never watch Idol again.

Gina said she would still to watch the show and that she would be voting.

"It's not in my character to really feel bitter," Glocksen said. "It is what it is. I've gotten over (Wednesday) night ... and I look forward to meeting my new fans."


Ads 200x200

Blog Archive