This Weeks 'Star Dogs of the Week' Are...


Ugh! I didn't post The Star Dog of the Week yesterday. So now I present to you Smackaholics, the finest bitches in the country..



*Tillamook Cheddar!
*
















TC, is an artist folks! I just love this!


Tillamook Cheddar is a Jack Russell Terrier from Brooklyn, New York. Widely regarded as the world’s preeminent canine artist, she has already had fourteen solo exhibitions in the U.S. and Europe. Tillie is seven years old.

In July 2005 the artist gave birth to six healthy puppies.

Her biography, Portrait of the Dog as a Young Artist by F. Bowman Hastie III, will be published by Sasquatch Books in October 2006.

The artist’s primary process is a dynamic color transfer technique. In preparation for each of Tillie's works, her assistants assemble a touch-sensitive recording device by affixing pigment-coated vellum to a sheet of lithograph paper backed by mat board. The artist takes the prepared “canvas” in her mouth and brings it to her workspace. Working on the outside surface, she applies pressure with teeth and claws in a methodic ritual marked by dramatic shifts in tempo and intensity. The resultant sharp and sweeping intersecting lines complement the artist’s delicate paw prints and subtle tongue impressions, composing an expressionistic image that is revealed on the paper beneath when she is finished. She works with shocking intensity, sometimes to the point of destroying her creations.

“The most successful living animal painter.”
—The Art Newspaper (London; October 2005)

“A masterpiece of conceptualism.”
—Time Out New York

“A sham.”
—Jerry Saltz, Village Voice

“When possessed by an artistic vision, Tillie is fearless.”
—AKC Gazette

“[Because of Tillie] I have had to rethink two of my most basic assumptions about art and life: first, the notion that animals cannot have an aesthetic sense; second, the core conviction that no sentient being could possibly paint anything worse than what Julian Schnabel recently showed at the Gagosian Gallery.”
—James Gardner, New York Post (May, 2002)



*Roxy*















Dear Spicy, I'd like to submit Roxy as Star Dog of the Week. She is 4 years old and a pit/lab mix. She has a wonderful personality and is very sweet. She loves going for walks, playing with her bone (which she grabs and "guards" whenever someone walks in the door), and she particularly enjoys going to dog beach. She swims, retrieves her Frisbee from the water, and she surfs the waves. She also loves cuddling up and taking naps with her dad (my boyfriend). Thank you, Tracy


*Brad & Gizmo!*













Here are my star puppies! This is Brad (Australian Sheppard) and Gizmo (Blue Merle Sheltie) They are a couple and have been together their entire life's. (they are 12 years old) They have had 18 puppies together. Most have been adopted by my friends so, when we get together for parties the dogs all get to reunite. Brad does have some health issues of late but both are enjoying their retirement years! They both like to swim ( I live by the lake ) and take long walks. Giz loves her tennis balls a Brad will never turn down a treat. Hope you enjoy them as much I do!
Peace!


*Manson!*















This is Manson, a male Samoyed who turns two on November 28. He's playful, smart and incredibly friendly but woe betide the person who knocks at our front door! He used to gobble up the mail but thankfully he's calmed down now. He requires a minimum 10 minute head and belly rub daily. As you can see from the photo, he's always ready to strike a pose! We can't imagine life without our furkid. -Lynn



*Abbey!*










I've been reading your blog for quite some time now and LOVE it. And I couldn't resist sending you a pic of the sassy hot bitch at our house, named "Abbey."

My hubby and I adopted Abbey (who has several nicknames, like "Miss Doo" and "Abba-licious") seven years ago, two days after we got back from our honeymoon. The first few months of her life were tough. The owner of her mom didn't want her or her babies so he let them wander the neighborhood. They developed manage and intestinal problems. She was found and put in foster care. A short time later, she was put up for adoption by a IMPACT for Animals, a rescue agency here in St. Louis.

Abbey is sweet and loving. When my hubby would go out of town, she was always more than happy to take his spot on the bed. When I was pregnant, she never left my side.

She's put up with a lot of crap over the past four years, as our son lives to aggravate her. But she puts up with him. And I always know when she's had her fill. She gives me this "WHY DON'T YOU KILL ME NOW!" look. Hopefully all of the treats we give her make up for it. hehee.

Her favorite things to do are go through drive-thrus, (she whines and people fall in love with her and give her free food sometimes.) and chase rabbits and squirrels. She loves to go to "The spa" (groomers) and when she leaves, does so scampering around acting like she's IT.

Now that she's almost eight, I've noticed she's slowed down a bit. She's content to just hang out upstairs on our bed, or lay on the floor while I type this. And when I think about how someday I will have to face life without her, I get all teary-eyed. She's been with me through a bout of depression, through rough times in our marriage, a failed business and a rough patch where it was determined our child had some special needs. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out my sweet, beautiful girl. She's ever-loving. But yet she's got so much attitude.

Take care,

Lisa B

Save Now at DogToys.com$15 Off and FREE Shipping on Orders Over $115!





Subscribe to Celebrity Smack

Ads 200x200

Blog Archive