Ricky 'Romance' Perillo of VH1's "I Love New York"


Dr. Hottie magazine talked to Ricky 'Romance Perillo and asked him how he has been since leaving 'I Love New York'.

He has something to say about New York, rival 12 Pack, and his bitch situation.

by Kamah Alicia Scott

The first thing Dr. Hottie asked Romance was 'Have you always been good looking?'


"Yeah, I have. I'm always fresh and no one has a swagger like mine."

We had to laugh out loud at his subtle narcissism. This Italian Stallion was a high school track star and captain of his football team. Romance undeniably showed a different side of himself during this interview than what was shown on the drama-filled 'I Love New York' VH1 reality show.

"They edited a lot and showed me basically as a super sensitive guy. I don't have any regrets, though. I am sensitive and it's nothing wrong with that. Romance got disturbingly emotional when he began to tell Ms. New York about the untimely demise of his other woman. Yes, the bitch in question was his pet, Princess.

As Ms. New York listened intently, Romance told her "I will treat you just like I treated her."

This is one deep brother.

"I am intense at times but I can be funny, too. I loved my dog, though."

Romance took some slack for his extreme passion. No one could question the love that man had for his pup. We bet if DMX was on the show with the same plight, all the background trash talking would've been silenced immediately. Everyone knows DMX goes hard for his dogs and will pop a cap in anybody who's got a problem with it. Maybe you should try that next time, Romance. Get a little gangsta! We know you have it in you!

Before the bright lights and instant recognition, Romance was simply minding his own business.

"I was on vacation when I was, I guess, scouted for the show. It was my 21st birthday and I was just kickin' it on the beach. The people at VH1 have some damn good taste because, say what you want, Romance is fine!

"Before this I was a waiter. I always got good tips and a little extra attention from the ladies. I was a favorite."

Extra what Romance? Don't be bashful.

"I've had women fighting [over me]; boyfriends starting trouble because they were jealous. It's not my fault women love gentlemen. I don't think chivalry is dead. Most of us men are just out of practice.


"I am Romance. I love dogs but I'm not a dog, ya know? I'm not into flings or one night stands. I've never been that type of guy. "

Okay, so he doesn't throw his goods around. We can respect that. A man that respects his part. You can't help but clap to that.

On his plans: "It's all a work in progress but I know I was born with a gift. Others are trying to act, trying to get what I got. I was born with the 'it' factor. I've got it."

Romance admits he would love to model his trademark designer shades or take on roles that are respected like those of Brad Pitt's. He definitely has the look; can't wait to see the action.

"If something is wrong, I have to show it. I have a serious side, as well as, a humorous side. But I am real. I have to be me. If something hurts me, more than likely, it will show. I'm not a pretender and I'm not a liar."

Now we're getting somewhere.

12-Pack called Romance a liar and a rat, as Romance dished to New York that 12-Pack has a girlfriend back home and was only on the show for the 15 minutes of fame.

"Yeah! 12-Pack was pissed. I wasn't lying though. It was true. If he hadn't said it, I wouldn't have repeated it. He was there to play a game. I was there to fall in love."

All is fair in love and war and Romance doesn't consider himself a snitch. Although he says he doesn't "...just go around knocking it out, hitting one girl and moving on to the next."

Well, guess what? There is a new bitch in his life.

"She is a Terrier and her name is Bella. It means beautiful in Italian. She's worth about $3,200 but, to me, she's priceless. The ladies love her as much as I do. Women are drawn to men that have pets. Sue me, but I actually take care of mine. I even watch the 'Dog Whisperer.' My ex-girlfriend used to come over just to walk her."

So that's how he keeps them hangin' on.
















"Regardless of what 12-Pack or whoever else says, I didn't go out like Pootie. I was in the house for 2 weeks but I'm still relevant. I'm in tabloids, blogs, whatever. When asked how he felt about the negativity and the haters he replied 'If no one talks about you, that's when it's a problem. I've seen things in US Weekly, People, you name it. I love it. I know who I am. New York missed out but it's all good.'"

We're sure it is because Romance is still doing his thing. The controversy is just that. Controversy. But it sure does keep us on the edge of our seats.

He did reiterate that he harbors no hard feelings toward anyone in the house. "It is what it is, ya know. Some were there for her, some weren't."

That's right Romance, no use cryin' over spilled milk.

"Some guys front like they're hard asses. They are so tough. I was Romance. She had no reason to vote me off. It was her choice, I guess. I hope she isn't hurt. If she would have stuck with me she would have found out that I don't have sex, I make love."

On a final note, Romance wants everyone to know, "I love a woman with curves so if ya know someone, let me know."

Any takers?

Spicy
Source: DrHottie

Subscribe to Celebrity Smack

Ads 200x200

Blog Archive