Tasty Tuesday {Carb-On-It!}

So, with the holidays officially upon us, I'm declaring the whole month of December carbohydrate month. Carbs will be the official food group and for this month and this month only they magically will have no calories nor adverse affects on your health nor the fit of your favorite dress {I can't really control that second declaration, but hey, it's cold out so a little extra padding can't be that  bad!}

While I consider myself a reasonably-abled baker who can turn out a pretty cookie or two, I've yet to try my hand at homemade bread. This year, that's all gonna change.

quote_if_were_not_supposed_to_have_snakcs_via_icanreadtumblrbread one
bread 2
SCN_0043
bread images by john blais,, kitchen via french by design

Last year, the husband thoughtfully gifted me (a signed!) copy of Leslie Mackie's Macrina Bakery Cafe Cookbook - the amazing printed sneak-peak into the inner sanctum of my absolute favorite bakery in Seattle.

This year I'm going to step up to the plate and try to produce their classic, and my favorite, bread. Feel free to join me - or simply wish me luck! I'll be sure to share the results, as long as they're not embarrassingly terrible!

Capture2

Ads 200x200

Blog Archive